We’re Hiring an Executive Director!
The Petitcodiac Watershed Alliance (PWA) is looking for an Executive Director to carry the baton in continued stewardship for a one-year contract, renewable with funding availability and work performance. We are looking for an optimistic and energetic person to lead this dynamic organization, and also act as a trusted community advocate for the Petitcodiac River. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to make your mark in a community that is making significant positive changes in how it perceives and appreciates its local ecological treasures.
Start Date: 17 July 2017
Remuneration: $40,000-$45,000 CAD per year salary (commensurate with experience) for 35 hours/week + paid lunch hours, 3 weeks’ paid vacation, paid mileage ($0.41/km), 1.25 sick days/month.
Application deadline: 11 June 2017 at midnight (details below)
The Executive Director will be responsible for:
- Overall management of PWA activities;
- Development and implementation of an ongoing fundraising program to reduce organizational dependence on grants which focuses on underdeveloped avenues for core revenue;
- Promotion of the organization and its aims to maximize project impact and introduce new revenue opportunities;
- Project and proposal development based on organizational aims and funder priorities (i.e. grant writing) in accordance with directions given by the Board and supported by field and office staff;
- Secure, at minimum, $200,000 in revenue on an annual basis;
- Responsibility for coordination of venue, scheduling, agenda development, advertising, implementation, participation, and record keeping (minutes) of all Board of Directors engagement as stated in PWA by-laws (Board meetings, AGM, etc.);
- Sound financial management of PWA, in accordance with Board policies, regulatory and charity requirements and generally accepted business practices;
- Regular bookkeeping, report production for Board review at a monthly interval (cheque images, account balance, financial statements), and annual audit preparation;
- Project and financial reporting to funders in which the PWA holds contractual agreements to ensure deliverables are being met in a timely manner and in accordance with any agreements and the policies of the Board;
- Program delivery ensuring that appropriate scientific rigor is reflected in all of PWA’s activities;
- Identification and participation in external scientific and technical matters relevant to PWA projects, ensuring that the PWA is well networked in the community and is seen as a respected leader in its field (e.g. committees, Envirothon) subject to Board approval;
- General supervision of laboratory practices;
- Advising the Board of Directors on policy development and implementation;
- Identifying opportunities and challenges for the organization;
- Emphasis on liaison with relevant government officials and community stakeholders to further the PWA mandate;
- The signing authority for the organization in conjunction with Executive Members as designated by the Board; and
- Other tasks that may, from time to time, be assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages (oral, written);
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience with grant writing, sound financial management, designing/executing scientific research projects, managing/mentoring staff, public relations, marketing, strategic planning, and corporate fundraising and development; and
- Comfort with common computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, internet).
Beneficial Qualities and Skills:
- Sage accounting software
- WordPress website management
- Adobe products (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
Send your cover letter, curricula vitae, and three references in one document (.pdf) to contact[at]petitcodiacwatershed[dot]org before June 11th, 2017 at midnight using the following template for the email subject: ED Application, Firstname Lastname (e.g. ED Application, Jane Doe). Only successful candidates will be notified, and the interview process will begin the week of June 12th, 2017.